Week 6 Competition – Baking for VE Day
Thank you for all of your entries last week, your time capsules were awesome!
This week’s exciting task is a… Baking challenge to celebrate VE Day!
What is VE day?
- VE day stands for ‘Victory in Europe’
- It celebrates the end of World War 2
- People all over Europe were tired of years of hardship and bombing, they wanted to return to a normal life again.
- This year marks the 75th anniversary of VE day. It is being commemorated on Friday 8th to Sunday 10th May 2020
- When the war ended people gathered in the streets to celebrate!
If it wasn’t for the need to stay at home right now- we would probably be celebrating too!
So, come on let’s make something special to celebrate this very special event!
If you can, try and use at least 4 ingredients!
A few ideas have been suggested below:
- Themes of the red, white and blue
- It could be sweet or savoury
- Victoria sponge or wartime carrot cake
- Food that was made at the time!
Please send your entries to JAdams@fosteringfoundation.co.uk by Thursday 7th May 20