- This event has passed.
Understanding attachment and the impact of early trauma
July 12, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:45 pm
“Understanding attachment and the impact of early trauma, and putting this into practice in supporting young people”
This training would include input on:
– Attachment theory
– Attachment patterns and how they present, through childhood, adolescence and
– The impact of early trauma, including an overview of neurodevelopment
– Hidden and expressed needs and what these mean for carers
– The need for safe base (children) and safe harbour (adolescents)
– Practical examples and opportunities to think about children in placement
– Reflection on carer’s own attachment history and attachment styles – the
importance of understanding our own triggers, vulnerabilities and strengths.
– Developing ‘mind-mindedness’
– Emotional regulation vs emotional control
– A reminder / overview of PACE
– Opportunities for trouble-shooting use of PACE
This training is being held at Little Silver, Unit 9, Ashton Units, Ashton Road, Marsh Barton, Exeter, EX2 8LN.
It is a 2 day training course being run on 12th and 19th July 10am – 2.45pm by Dr. Emma Greatbatch.