- This event has passed.
Parent & Child Training
April 23, 2015 @ 9:45 am - 2:45 pm
Fostering A Parent and Child
Training courses for foster carers:
Caring for a parent and child Part 1 is an introduction to Parent and Child Placements, providing foster carers with an idea of what the expectations of them will be, as well as giving an overview of what types of placement can be expected.
The course also explores the developmental needs of children and the importance of attachment. Parent and Child Placement fostering is a specialist type of fostering which entails a great deal of dedication, commitment and requires the foster carers to provide comprehensive recording, possibly to be utilised within the court arena.
- Consider the different needs of the baby and parent in placement
- Have an appreciation of the difference in caring for a foster baby and caring for a parent and baby placement
- Assist Foster Carers to develop their Skills and Knowledge in working with mother and baby placements
- Gain an understanding of the different requirement from Local authorities depending on the needs of the parent and child
- Look at recording information on Parent and Child placements.