- This event has passed.
1st Aid Training
October 20, 2015 @ 9:45 am - 2:45 pm
Course Content An emergency first aid course designed to meet the needs of those involved in the care of babies and young children. This course satisfies the mandatory requirements for those undertaking Modern Apprenticeships in Early Years Care & Education and OFSTED regulations for nurseries, pre-schools and child minders.
Certification Continual assessment will take place throughout the course. On successful completion of the course participants will be awarded a Paediatric First Aid certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Outcomes At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious child, baby or adult
- Carry out CPR on a child, baby or adult
- Recognition and treatment of shock and choking
- Control bleeding
- Recognise and deal with a wide range of injuries, major medical conditions and childhood illnesses
- Use and maintain first aid kits